Move by Faith to Get To Your Destination and Fulfill Your Purpose
Faith is the substance of things Hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1)
One of the keys you need in order to reach to your destination and fulfill your purpose is to have Faith. As Christians we find it hard to move by faith even though God said that he will never leave us or forsake us. We are afraid of failure and we spend too much time focusing on the things we see, things that look impossible to achieve. However, the word said nothing is impossible with God.
What is Faith?
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. In last week’s article, we see that David was able to face Goliath because he believed that God will rescue him somehow. He may not have known how but he had faith and confidence in God so he stepped out in faith to face Goliath.
How does one get Faith?
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).Spending adequate time in the word is a challenge for many of us as we are so preoccupied with the things of this world. I am guilty. Are you too? Spend time in the word, understand the word and meditate on the word so it becomes a part of your subconscious mind. Everything we need to know is in the Bible and so when we study the word and believe the word, it increases your faith. When we watch or listen to advertisements on some products, we go all the way out to acquire these products because we have faith based on the ad that the product will work. Unfortunately, when we start using some of the products, we realize they do not work as the ad implied. One thing for sure is that God’s word never fails so adhere to God’s word to elevate your faith.
How to move by faith?
- Pray about everything and make sure the journey that you are on is a reflection of your purpose and not someone else’s purpose.
- Know your purpose. If you know your purpose and you are in a relationship with God, you will move by faith. You will step out of your comfort zone and start moving towards your plans. You cannot let any obstacles distract you. Jeremiah 29:11 states For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
- Plan and document what you want your outcome to be. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. (Habakkuk 2:2).
- Speak to your situation daily and frequently. If you remain silent you may be opening the door for doubts. “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
- Don’t have any doubts and do not be afraid. Despite what the doctor told you, despite what the bank told you, despite how the situation looks, believe. “Beloved, I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers” [3John 1: 2]
- Faith without works is dead. Don’t expect everything to come to you on a silver platter. Some of us expect things to come to us without pursuing it. Yes, there may be times when things just show up but most times you have to work to achieve what you want. Act on the plans you have created. Do not let dust take them and say you are waiting on the Lord but you are not doing anything to achieve what you want. For instance,If you need a job, you have to apply for that job, you should not sit at home waiting for someone to call you for a job when people may not even know you need a job if you never applied for a job.
- Be patient and do not give up. There may be times when your get things sooner rather than later and there will be times when things may take a while to take place. I do not know why this happens but I know we should never give up and must remain patient.
There are many non-christians in this world who are very successful. Some of us do not understand why.Some of them are successful because they exercise faith. They took risks and went on a journey to pursue their desires in life. As a christian you can do the same thing. When you have God on your side and you have faith, nothing should stop you from achieving your purposes and reaching your destination. Faith is the key.