Plant a good seed for your children , grandchildren and great grandchildren. However, a dead or bad plant can be delivered and saved too.
Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. (Exodus 34:7)
If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land. (Leviticus 26:40 & 42)
We were all born into sin. Sin entered this world through one man. However, if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. Many of our great great grandparents, great grandparents, grandparents and us have not confessed our sins and they passed their sins onto us. We will be punished because we continue to be in sin but we do not have to if we ask God for forgiveness.
Our Bad Seeds
The seeds we plant today will determine the plant we bear. Sometimes we do not even realize we are planting these seeds.
Some of the bad seeds planted are as follows:
- Anger issues
- Witchcraft practices
Some individuals cannot control their behaviours because of seeds from their forefathers. However, all hope is not lost because Jesus Christ is the answer. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states that “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! God can deliver and save the bad behaviours.
We see a lot of young girls who are very promiscuous and we wonder why. We see some men and women who are drunkards and we wonder why. We see some men and women engaging in same sex relationships and we wonder why.
If you were to check the background of families, you will note the same behaviours were exhibited in our forefathers. At one point, someone in the family committed a sin and continue in sin and did not confess and then the children, and their children continue in the same sin and did not confess.
While generational curses may be attributed to these behaviours, some of the behaviours are also because of demonic and evil forces.
How to Overcome these bad seeds?
- Recognize that what you are doing is not normal and is contrary to the word of God.
- Confess your sins. If your forefathers are alive have them also confess their sins.
- The devil will bother you but resist the temptation. He will flee.
- Individuals who are in relationship, make sure you know the background of these partners and pray against generational curses.
- Plant good seeds so that your good seeds can produce good plants for your children and grandchildren. Do not be promiscuous. Stick with one partner. Do not get involve in abnormal sexual relations. Resist the temptations. Do not get angry. Try to be calm. Do not get involve in a lot of drinking. Resist the temptations. Do not ever get caught up in dealing with witchcraft activities. You may think you have achieve your desired results but you are risking a great future for your generation. Stay focus in the word. Never give up to depression. Remember God has not given you a spirit of fear but of Power, Love and a Sound Mind.
- Stay in the word and go to the church. Make sure your children are attending church as well so they can be grounded in the word and know what to do when they experience some of the byproducts from the seeds of their forefathers.
You can be Delivered
Know that you can be delivered from your sins. Don’t ever say you cannot stop. Don’t ever say you cannot help it because you were born so. You are in bondage and you can be delivered. All you have to do is ask God for deliverance. Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law but we must confess our sins.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
Do not give up. You can be delivered. Your children can be delivered. Your parents and grandparents can be delivered.
I know this is a topical issue. However, I know everything we need to know is in the Bible. We often wonder why we are doing some of the same things as our forefathers. It is because the sins passed on to us and we continue in that sin without confessing our sins.
However, it is not the end of the world. You can be redeemed and make a powerful impact in this world.